Dear Colleague,

As in the first version of CFP posted here, our proposal
"MoDAT: Designing the Market of Data for Synthesizing
Data in Sciences and Businesses"
http://www.panda.sys.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/MoDAT/
is to be realized as an official workshop on December 8 at Dallas,
USA, in conjunction with IEEE International Conference on
Data Mining (ICDM 2013).

It would be appreciated if you could consider joining us at Dallas.
And please feel free to circulate this information to your colleagues.

I think this might be interesting for you members here
and your colleagues, because
ideas for database, data mining/visualization,
knowledge/data representation, intelligent system of systems,
soft-computing, logical models for argumentation,
AI on reasoning and learning, cognitive sciences,
communication and creativity, social systems and politics,
marketing OF (not only WITH) data, etc play very
essential roles in MoDAT --- we choose the acronym “MoDAT” in
stead of DM (Data Market) for highlighting this point.

Via our communication in MoDAT,
I believe the value of studies and technologies in the
relevant areas above (and other areas you may be linked to)
will be appealed even more than at present to ordinary users
(who may not have understood so far), as well as to
scientific communities, because MoDAT is a marketplace
where not only data but also knowledge for taking advantage
of those data will be shared.

Looking forward to seeing you in December at Dallas

Yukio Ohsawa (ohs...@sys.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
The University of Tokyo, School of Engineering
Professor in Systems Innovation
113-8656 Tokyo, Japan