Dear all,
I am one of the co-organisers of the events below to which I would like to draw
you attention.

Kind regards,
Juergen Landes

Progic 2015 & Spring School on Inductive Logic

This is the seventh in the progic series of conferences, which seek to address
the questions of whether, and if so, how,
probability and logic should be combined. The 2015 conference will also
be interested in connections between formal epistemology and inductive logic.
Can inductive logic shed light on epistemological questions to do with
belief, judgement etc.? Can epistemological considerations lead to a
viable notion of inductive logic?
Invited speakers  include: Richard Bradley, Dorothy Edgington, John Norton,
Jeanne Peijnenburg.
We invite  submissions of two-page extended abstracts of talks for presentation
at the  workshop.
There will  also be a special issue of the Journal of Applied Logic  devoted to
the themes of this workshop. We invite submissions of papers to this  volume.

The conference will be preceded by a two-day Spring School on inductive logic,
where
introductory lectures on the themes of the conference will be given by Juergen
Landes, Jeff Paris, Niki Pfeifer, Gregory Wheeler, Jon Williamson.

A limited number of bursaries are available to postgraduate students
attending the Spring School and the conference: these will cover 50% of
accommodation and registration costs.

TIMETABLE
        * 1st November 2014: deadline for submission of titles and two-page
abstracts of papers for presentation.
        * To be emailed  to j.lan...@kent.ac.uk
        * Please  say whether you intend to submit your paper to a special
issue of the Journal of Applied Logic on this topic.
        * If you are a postgraduate student and would like to be considered for
a bursary,
please say so, explaining how attending this event will help your
research, and outlining other forms of funding for which you are
eligible.
        * 1st  December 2014:  notification of acceptance of papers for
presentation.
        * 15th January  2015:  deadline for receipt of early-bird registration
to attend the conference and/or Spring School.
        * The early-bird fee is £25.
        * If  registering after 15th January the fee is £50.
        * Please email j.lan...@kent.ac.ukto say whether you plan to attend the
Spring School and/or the conference.
        * Payment details to follow.
        * 15th January 2015: deadline for submission of full papers for
publication
        * To be emailed to j.lan...@kent.ac.uk
        * 20-21 April 2015: Spring School
        * 22-24 April 2015: Progic.
        * 1st June 2015: notification of acceptance of papers for publication.
        * 1st August 2015: deadline for final version of papers accepted for
publication.