[Apologies for cross posting]

Hi Everyone,

We are organizing a workshop in ICML 2021 on subset selection in ML
(https://sites.google.com/view/icml-2021-subsetml/home).  The workshop would
encompass a wide variety of topics ranging from theoretical aspects of subset
selection e.g. coresets, submodularity, determinantal point processes, to
several practical applications, e.g., time and energy-efficient learning,
learning under resource constraints, active learning, human-assisted learning,
feature selection, model compression, feature induction, etc. We invite
submissions that are not limited to:

Theoretical Directions

1. Coresets

2. Determinantal Point Processes

3. Submodular functions and their optimization

4. Information-Theoretic Approaches

Applications of Subset Selection

1. Compute efficient training (training time and energy efficiency)

2. Active Learning and selecting subsets of unlabeled data for labelling

3. Human assisted learning

4. Feature selection and dimensionality reduction

5. Cost-sensitive feature selection

6. Model compression

7. Rule augmentation and Data programming

8. Image segmentation, image correspondence, and MAP inference in graphical
models.

9. Data Summarization (e.g. video, image collection, document, news
summarization)

10. Peptide Matching, Proteomics, etc.

11. Learning of neural set functions

The above are just a few of the potential applications and theoretical
directions. If you are working on anything related to subset selection in ML,
AI, and deep learning, please consider submitting to and attending our workshop!

Submissions in the form of extended abstracts must be at most 6 pages long (not
including references and an unlimited number of pages for supplemental
material, which reviewers are not required to take into account) and adhere to
the ICML format. We accept submissions of work recently published or currently
under review. Submissions should be anonymized as described in the submission
instructions and should be submitted through: The workshop will not have formal
proceedings, but authors of accepted abstracts can choose to have either a link
to an Arxiv version of their paper or a pdf published on the workshop webpage.
If the authors give us an Arxiv link, we will link it here from the list of
accepted papers on this webpage.

Important dates:

§ Submission deadline: Sunday, June 6th, 23:59 AOE

§ Author notification: Wednesday, June 16th

§ Camera-ready deadline and videos for selected talks: June 25th

§ Workshop date: Saturday, 24th July 2021

We will be using CMT to handle paper submissions
(https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/SUBSETML2021). Please submit papers before
the deadline above.

Please consider submitting your research to get early feedback!

Thanks,
Rishabh Iyer,  Abir De,  Ganesh Ramakrishnan, and Jeff Bilmes