Call for Workshop Papers

AdKDD 2022

in conjunction with

The 28th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2022)

Washington DC, August 14th-18th, 2022

http://www.adkdd.org

​Today, the average consumer spends ~8 hours a day across all devices
interacting with online content almost entirely sponsored by advertisements. At
over $360B global market size in 2022, online advertising has already surpassed
traditional ads in global spend. Moreover, computational advertising in
particular is perhaps the most visible and ubiquitous application of machine
learning and one that interacts directly with consumers. When done right, ads
help us enrich our lives and creep us out when done badly. Looking at the
published literature over the last few years, many researchers might consider
computational advertising as a mature field. Yet, the opposite is true.
Computational advertising is evolving, however, from ads controlled by
monolithic publishers and randomly rotating banner ads to highly personalized
content experiences in news feeds on mobile devices and even on TV—all
utilizing data amassed from petabytes of stored user data. Ads are far from
done.

The AdKDD workshops have had a lot of interest and success in the past years. A
total of fifteen workshops have been organized every year since 2007, focusing
on highlighting state-of-the-art advances in computational advertising. All the
workshops were well attended, often with standing room only, and very well
received both by the academic community and the advertising industry. We look
forward to seeing you virtually or in-person to discuss the past, present, and
future of computational advertising!

Topics:

The workshop focuses on three main aspects of computational advertising.

​

Evolution of computational advertising: Online advertising has progressed
beyond the notion of traditional desktop ads to ads that are native, social,
mobile, and contextual. In tandem, the rise of new mechanisms, such as header
bidding, complex ad exchanges, repeated auctions, ad blockers, viewability
trackers, and others, challenge the traditional notions of advertising. There
also continue to exist controversial issues in advertising such as privacy,
security, fraud, ethics, and economic attribution. We invite papers that are
focused on some of the above aspects.

​

Large-scale and novel ad targeting: Recent advances in real-time, big data
systems, and easier accessibility to different types of data make it possible
to design more personalized and efficient ad targeting systems. We invite
papers that advance the state-of-the-art in related areas of ad targeting.

​

Deployed systems & battle scars: We particularly encourage papers that
highlight experience in deploying real-time ad targeting systems, data and
audience insights, as well as position papers on the future of online
advertising.

Submission Instructions:

Following KDD conference tradition, reviews are single-blind, and author names
and affiliations should be listed. Submitted papers will be assessed based on
their novelty, technical quality, potential impact, insightfulness, depth,
clarity, and reproducibility. For each accepted paper, at least one author must
attend the workshop and present the paper.

​

Submissions are limited to a total of six pages, including all content and
references, must be in PDF format, and formatted according to the new Standard
ACM Conference Proceedings Template. Additional information about formatting
and style files is available
here<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template>.

All accepted papers will be eligible to be published in the ACM Digital Library
and will be archived on the AdKDD website.

Please note: All of the attendees need to register through the main conference
of KDD. In addition, in line with earlier KDD workshops, we do not provide
separate registration only for the workshop itself.

Important Deadlines:

Submission     :  May 26th, 2022

Decisions         :  June 19th, 2022

Camera-ready :  June 26th, 2022

Video Submission: July 24, 2022

Workshop        :  August 15th, 2022

Best Paper Awards:

We are happy to announce that we will award the best accepted papers for this
year’s workshop. Details are to be disclosed shortly.

Submission Website:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adkdd2022

Program Committee Chairs:

Abraham Bagherjeiran<https://www.linkedin.com/in/abagher> (eBay)

Kuang-chih Lee<http://vision.ucsd.edu/~leekc/> (Alibaba)

Kun Liu<https://www.linkedin.com/in/kunliu1> (Amazon)

Kexin Xie<https://www.linkedin.com/in/kexinxie> (Salesforce)

Linsey Pang<https://www.linkedin.com/in/linsey-pang-50590450> (Walmart Labs)

Mihajlo Grbovic<https://www.linkedin.com/in/mihajlo-grbovic-a531b230> (AirBnB)

Nemanja Djuric<https://djurikom.github.io/> (Aurora Innovation)

Suju Rajan<https://www.linkedin.com/in/suju-rajan-9b56581> (Amazon)

Vladan
Radosavljevic<https://www.linkedin.com/in/vladan-radosavljevic-69244265/>
(Spotify)

Wei Liu<https://wei-research.github.io/> (University of Technology Sydney)

For further questions please contact the organizers at
organiz...@adkdd.org<mailto:organiz...@adkdd.org>.