Actually, I'd consider that to be a bug in Ubiquity. The suggestion list 
should contain a suggestion that doesn't use selected text. Its 
especially important when there are modifiers for a command, given how 
aggressive Ubiquity is with suggesting the use of selected text (and 
eventually, other contextual information).

I've added a ticket here: http://labs.toolness.com/trac/ticket/394

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way around this until its fixed 
in Ubiquity.

- Blair




On 31/10/2008 11:25 PM, Gary Hodgson wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question about modifiers, and which values are previewed when
> something on the page is selected.
>
> I have a command that takes an input and a couple of modifiers that are
> each of type 'noun_arb_text'.
> When the command is invoked, and something on the page is selected, the
> text selection is automagically offered in place of the input and the
> modifiers. All good stuff, apart from if the user would like *not *to
> use the selected text in the command. I can't see a way of offering a
> suggestion which doesn't use the selected text.
>
> I have uploaded an example to show this in action:
> http://gist.github.com/21258 (man, I love the gist interaction!) and I
> have attached a screenshot too which hopefully shows what I am going on
> about here.
>
> I realise that the user could ensure that nothing is selected before
> starting a command, but that would interupt their workflow (select
> command, oops - realise something is selected, cancel command, deselect
> text, start command again)
>
> I also don't want to actively erase the user's selection, from within
> the command preview, as this is intrusive, plus the user may actually
> want to use the selected text.
>
> So, my question: Is there a way to ignore the selection on the page, so
> it is not automagically used in the modifiers? Or, is there a way of
> offering an additional preview suggestion that doesn't make use of the
> text selection?
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gary
>
>
>
>
> >

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ubiquity-firefox" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to