On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:02:41 PM, Luiz Aoqui wrote:

Hi everyone,

has anyone thought about porting Ubiquity to outside Firefox? So that
you could use all Ubiquity functions on a PDF file you are reading or
on a picture stored on your hard drive.

I think it would be a very nice application. Even though I usually
spend most of my time on Firefox it would still be nice to have those
everywhere.

Ubiquity originally started as a reimplementation of Enso (http://humanized.com/enso/) within the browser. So I'd look at Enso. (My impression is that Humanized essentially died after Aza Raskin moved on to Mozilla, and that Ubiquity essentially died after Aza moved on to his startup "Massive Health", but I don't really know...)

-- Mathnerd314