Thank you UBNT for treating your customers like they are just a bunch of
hobbyists. There are many of us trying to run a business and having the
proper tools to do that is essential.   For several years we have been
told that Air Control is being active developed, we have programmers
working on it, etc.

I have ran a small WISP (1800+ UBNT devices) and if it wasn¹t for the few
piece of AC that worked it would have been a nightmare upgrading firmware,
and checking on the worst performing clients.  Sure, we could have spent
countless hours on writing scripts, integrating with 3rd party tools, but
I shouldn¹t have to.  If you give me a tool, make it work at one point.  I
can get that Beta software is, just that, Beta Software.  Has anyone at
UBNT actually tried to manage 2000 devices? Upgrading firmware, making
changes, monitoring, etc.

It¹s insulting that we spend good money.  At one point, we were spending
20-30k a month buying UBNT products.  I realize margins are thin,
marketing, overhead, blah blah blah.  But, if my folks spent less time
monkeying with firmware upgrades and the like they could put on more
customers.  More customers means more revenue for UBNT.  Not to mention
the fact that I am sure there are operators out there who would PAY for a
working AC.  Why? Because it saves them labor! Saving labor means saving
money!  That¹s a benefit.  There are reasons products like Observium and
Nagios which have paid and free Versions.  I would pay money if it meant I
had less hassle.

Cloud based for a network monitoring solution? Really? This is such a bad
idea. How many years will this product be in Alpha or Beta?  I installed
the CMS from Cambium and guess what? It worked? Because it worked my
client is now sold on Cambium.  They see that its an integrated solution.
Market toward the bean counters AND the geeks. Not just throw it out there.

I know that¹s more than my .02 but dang.  You missed the boat UBNT.

Justin

--
Justin Wilson <j...@mtin.net>
http://www.mtin.net <http://www.mtin.net/blog>