Hi all

I only recently became aware of the thread
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Connectivity-Problems-UAP-UAP-LR-UAP-Pro-UAP-Outdoor5-UAP/m-p/1643485#M175948
regarding what looks like bugs introduced into the wireless driver of
recent UAP builds.

I have been fighting intermittent and hard to troubleshoot issues like
what's described in the thread for a while now (users sometimes connect
with good wifi, but can't reach LAN or WAN).  I only just stumbled onto the
thread

I'm finding somewhat inconsistent information in the threads and I was
hoping someone here could give me advice on what's most likely to result in
stability:

Here is my situation:
1) Intermittently experiencing the symptoms described on some aps:  good
wifi signal, but unable to access LAN/WAN
2) Running 4.8.14 UniFi controller, and don't currently want to upgrade to
5.x controller.  I don't need new features right now.
3) Operating about 50 Outdoor+ and PicoM2 unifi units, currently on
primarily 3.3.19.4015 with a few on 3.3.22.4024 that I upgraded trying to
solve this problem before i found this thread.

I think I understand that the recommendation is to try the beta firmware
here:
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless-Beta/QCA-UAP-Test-firmware-Please-see-inside/td-p/163210.
..

Although later in that thread I see a recommendation from @UBNT-Brandon to
use the firmware from 5.2.2 beta instead? (
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless-Beta/QCA-UAP-Test-firmware-Please-see-inside/m-p/1641047..
.)

Is this saying I can and should use 3.7.9.5089 firmware from
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Beta-Blog/UniFi-5-2-2-is-released-for-testing/ba-p/1638878
with my 4.8.14 controller?

Any help and guidance greatly appreciated!

Andris

---
Andris Bjornson | EveryLayer <http://www.everylayer.com/>
skype: andris.bjornson