I know this probably isn't one of the the solutions you were looking
for, but someone who isn't me has controlled raccoons with a mixture of
Golden Malrin (that's spelled correctly) fly killer mixed with some Coke
and left in a bowl for the raccoons. Someone who isn't me used it
because coons were killing his sweet corn patch, and reports that they
will drop within five steps.