If you have a spare working EdgeRouter Pro, you could open it up, pull
the USB dongle. Make an image of the USB dongle with "dd" on *nix that
you can write over top the malfunctioning USB dongle from the current
production unit.

I figure if you had a spare ERPro, you'd have swapped it in place
already.
I've used this imaging method on a few EdgeRouter Poe-5 units (but they
were out of warranty) and they booted afterwards.

Alternatively maybe someone on the list has an ERPro they can image and
pass to you. Cloning a working image/dongle may be more work than its
worth, but figured I'd mention it as a last resort.

Regards,
Mike