Hi Andris,

Let me quickly touch on 5.4.x. We have 5.4.11 stable candidate out which
fixes multiple migration issues (present before 5.3.x and 5.4.x) as well as
the RADIUS profile migration issue that was present in 5.4.9. We hope to
have it released as stable by Monday the 13th.

As far as CPU use/lockups, which Java machine are you running on your AWS
instance?

Cheers,
Mike

On 7 February 2017 at 12:28, Andris Bjornson <and...@everylayer.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My colleague posted this on the ubiquiti forums , but I haven't seen
> anything conclusive from other users yet....so thought I'd cast a wider net.
>
> We'd been running Unifi 4.8.x on AWS for quite some time, and it's been
> rock solid stable.
>
> We recently upgraded to 5.3.8 because we're excited to start using some of
> the new Unifi switches and the Unifi Mesh products.
>
> So far our experience has been good in terms of functionality and new
> features...BUT every 5-7 days unifi seems to get "stuck" in some kind of
> high CPU state.  ace.jar is usually seen to be taking 100%+ CPU and the
> controller becomes unresponsive.
>
> The only fixes are to restart the machine or to force kill (kill -9) the
> ace.jar process and restart unifi.
>
> We originally suspected backups of some sort were running...but the time
> of day seems inconsistent.  Also, we have disabled the builtin backup
> feature in unifi, and we've temporarily stopped our own
> cron/automongobackup process and the problem continues.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Any tips?
>
> Also - I've been following Ubiquiti's talk of 5.4.9 being the next LTS
> version which is awesome.  We were just about to upgrade when we saw that
> 5.4.9 was pulled i think due to an issue with RADIUS.
>
> Does anyone know more about what will be the next LTS release and when we
> might expect it?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> ---
> Andris Bjornson | EveryLayer <http://www.everylayer.com/>