Hi Guys,

We implemented FW signing to improve device security as a result of THIS
<https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-General-Discussion/6-0-3-High-CPU-usage/td-p/1895878>
report (and a few others).   This malware would masquerade as 6.0.3, but in
reality, it was based on the 5.5.2 SDK.  Regulatory requirements are
another factor, but device security is the major driving factor here.

Forbes:  I haven't seen any other reports of radios bricking, sending you a
note for more info