Quick note, the key to be used via SSH does not have the "-" in it.  so XXXX-XXXX becomes XXXXXXXX

--

Now my results:

I got a new radio out of storage  (oldie with 5.5.6) and installed 6.0.4 and it didn't permit 5585 to 5655 Mhz.  The other DFS channels seem to be there

I tested with the dfs-unlock command via SSH using a bad key.  The result was
FCC DFS frequencies are enabled.
FCC DFS NEW GRANT is disabled.
I then did an dfs-unlock and got
FCC DFS frequencies are enabled.
FCC DFS NEW GRANT is disabled.

Enabling FCC DFS frequencies...
Saving ... [%100]
The 5585 to 5655 gap was still not allowed

I regressed the box to 5.6.9 and hit the "Activate" button.  After completing the activation, I ran the test again and got
FCC DFS frequencies are enabled.
FCC DFS NEW GRANT is enabled.
Now the 5585 to 5655 Mhz. range is in the list.  Went forward to 6.0.4 and my test now shows both are still enabled.

Bottom line:  V6 doesn't have an activate button because it doesn't seem to do anything.  V6 gave the same frequencies before and after dfs-unlock via SSH.  To get "FCC DFS NEW GRANT" you need to install 5.6.9 and activate there.

Roy