From: "Tim Densmore" <tdensm...@tarpit.cybermesa.com>
To: "Ubiquiti Users Group" <ubnt_users@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:45:22 PM
Subject: [Ubnt_users] Edgerouter Infinity BGP

Hi Folks,

Can anyone share experiences with the er infinity in regards to BGP
performance? I've read several places that it'll take several full
feeds with no problem, which is obviously great. However, the few
reports I've seen that discuss convergence performance are fairly
pessimal. Can anyone shed light on their real world experience with
running the er infinity in an environment with eBGP, iBGP, and OSPF? Is
it actually taking 15 min to re-converge after a peer is lost? That
seems absurdly long to me, but I have zero experience in the $1500-3000
BGP router market so maybe my expectations are unreasonable.

Thanks,
Tim Densmore