OK, Improving the accessibility of the d-i version is a good aim in itself. We
should look at that more generally for Edgy. We might be able to use the
Speakup kernel module for example.

My point was just that the reason this issue was a major accessibility
problem has largely gone away. When the install CD was the only way for
someone to install to the HD then this was a  complete show-stopper for
some user groups. Now there is an alternative path so I think the
problem has been removed from the user's POV. Of course there may be
some corner cases where the Live CD is not suitable.

Anyway, I like this wind of accessibility awarenes blowing through
ubuntu ATM :)

--
Keyboard rate is not long enough for users with disabilities
https://launchpad.net/bugs/13457