Hi Ian, you don't say exactly what sort of server you're after but as
you mention Thin Client you might like edubuntu which includes LTSP
and has a server install.
I don't know if it has all the accessibility enabled or if it tracks
the main ubuntu daily builds if that is what you are after.

LTSP basically provides a mechanism to load and boot a X server on the
client so clients can boot in many ways including Etherboot. Perhaps
also from USB memory devices (if enabled in BIOS). Local file access
may not work with think clients and NTFS formated partition access
doesn't seem to work out of the box on LiveCD workstation boots (at
least I haven't got it working).

That's about the sum of my knowledge but you could try a post on the
schoolforge.org.uk maillist
(http://groups.google.com/group/sf-uk-discuss) as many there use LTSP
in schools (especially the Fedora based K12LTSP distro).

--
Steve Lee
www.oatsoft.org