Hi Lubos,

I'm afraid Asus noteboks are not very well are not very well supported
on Ubuntu at this point.

If you want to debug this further, I suggest you look at the laptop
testing pages:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTesting
and google for Ubuntu and your model number.

Also see the ubuntu forums hardware and laptops section:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135 Others may have had
the same problems.

If you want to file bugs with useful log files you should look at pages
like these:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DebuggingXAutoconfiguration
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingHardwareDetection
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingACPI