Hey all, I am a newby to this list and have a couple questions for
anyone who can help.  I installed Ubuntu 7.04 on Tuesday, and so far,
I love it.  I'm trying to get Orca running with speech-dispatcher
though, so that I can hear sounds, and play music files.  I tried
choosing speech-dispatcher from the list of synthesizers, and my
volume dropped considerably.  Secondly, I am still unable to hear
system sounds, or play music.  Is there an alternative method of
getting orca to work with SD?  I tried downloading the experimental
backend, and am unable to find the settings.py file that its
documentation refers to.  Is the experimental backend what I need to
install to get this to work?  Secondly, where do I put the .py file
and modify the settings file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy
P.S.  Do I need to change any permissions on the .py file that I
download, since I'm gonna copy that into its location from a jump
drive or something?