Hello,

I'll try asking this again.   (Though the lack of responsiveness of this
list and the ubuntu accessibility forums is quite discouraging.)

I tried running the Ubuntu Live CD -- it was the one handed out at CSUN, so
I think it was 6.1).  Because of some issues with my laptop, I run all sound
through a USB Imic2.  We could get Ubuntu itself to recognize the device,
and send sound there, but we couldn't find a way to get speech to go there.
The Orca preferences were up and visible so Orca was running, but no speech
came through the headphones no matter what we tried.

So can Orca output to a USB device?
Is it possible in the version that shipped with Feisty?

If it can't be done, then I won't be running Ubuntu on my laptop.

If this is not the appropriate place to ask, let me know what is.  And if
this is a bug, let me know where to file.