Hi Pranav,

Pranav Lal wrote:
> Is it possible to install Ubuntu without sited assistance using Orca?
> I have the v7.04 live cd. I plan to make a virtual machine out of the
> installation so I have vmware installed on my windows XP computer. I
> plan to launch the Ubuntu installer from within vmware so that a
> virtual machine can be created.

I installed Ubuntu under VmWare with the alternate install CD. Only the
Braille support is available here, however, it works fine at the
installation.

If you use a Braille display that is connected via USB, this should be
automatically recognized by the installer and thus loaded with the
American text table. For a serially connected Braille display, you have
to press F6 at the start screen and then enter the following:

install brltty=ht,ttyS0,us

After the installation, neither BRLTTY nor Orca was started. For
starting BRLTTY during the boot process I had to set the parameter
RUN_BRLTTY on 'yes' in the file /etc/defaults/brltty. I did this with
the help of the KNOPPIX-CD. You start Orca by entering your username
when the drumbeat resounds. Then you have to approve the name by hitting
Enter. Then, you also approve your password with Enter and are logged
in. Now, you call the run dialog by pressing Alt+F2 and enter Orca.

Simon