I have just had a look at the Alpha 2 CD for Hardy.
It didn't appear to work as well on my laptop as it did on my desktop
as my desktop has more RAM and I had to start Orca manually and logout
and back in again but it looks okay.
I didn't really notice verry much difference as regards applications
but did notice there was a Bittorrent application under the Internet
menu where you have Firefox etc.
I had to just run from the Live CD as the installer doesn't yet appear
to work with speech so if I want to run it as a test version on my
laptop I am going to have to wait for the chap at my local Linux group
to help me install it.