Hello,

In order to allow users to enter their admin password with onboard in
the password dialog, Ubuntu offers the "Password dialog as normal
windows" option in the Assistive Technology control panel.

When this option is checked, it is possible to enter the password in
the dialog that appears for example when the Synaptic Package Manager
is opened. (I suppose that it is the old classic gksu dialog!?)

However, when I want to open the Network control panel, I also get a
dialog to enter the admin password. This dialog is different from the
previous one and it is not possible to enter the password into it by
using onboard. It seems that it is a modal dialog and the clicks
outside the dialog are ignored, regardless of the setting of the
option cited above. (I suppose that this dialog comes from the new
policy kit!?)

If it really is impossible to enter a password with onboard into the
password dialog of policy kit, this would represent a serious problem
for users of an onscreen keyboard, and probably also for users
tabletpc.

Can anybody please confirm the problem?

Moreover, if it gets confirmed, should I file a bug against policykit
or against onboard?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Francesco