Hello, Mike.

Please try the following and see if it helps things for you.

1)  Go to System->Preferences->Appearance to open the Appearance dialog box.

2)  Once the Appearance dialog box opens, hit the right arrow key four times to get to the Visual Effects tab.

3)  There are (on my system) three visual effects settings in the Visual Effects tab options; these options and how to activate them via the keyboard follow:

None (you can hit ALT+N to activate this option)
Normal (you can hit ALT+O to activate this option)
Extra (you can hit ALT+X to activate this option)

Most likely, you will want to hit ALT+N to set the Visual Effects to None.

This should set your system back to normal.  I hope that this helps you.

Please take care.
mike wrote:
Hi, I turned compiz on by mistake. Does anyone know how to turn it off? The setting I was experimenting with in appearance no longer has any choices since I did this.
Mike.

--

If you were to die today, are you 100% sure that you would go to heaven?  If you are unsure, please read the following plan that God has made for your precious Salvation.

1)  We are all sinners, whether we like it or not; sin is something which has existed since the Garden of Eden, when the act of sin was committed by Adam and Eve.  The Bible says:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
  (Romans 3:23)

In order for us to come to the Lord, we must admit that we indeed are sinners.

2)  Sin is a very horrible work, and it comes with its wages.  The Bible says:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
  (Romans 6:23)

"Death", in the above case, refers to an eternal separation from God and eternal damnation in the "blackness of darkness for ever" (Jude 1:13), also called Hell.  God loves all of us, but sin is what keeps us from peace with Him.  God is a loving God, but also a just God; thus, sinners who do not repent and believe in God's precious Gift will face Judgment, and then Hell eternal...

3)  What is this Gift that is so freely and mercifully given?  The Bible states:

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  (Romans 5:8)

Knowing that we would be sinners, a sacrifice NEEDED to be made to establish peace between we and God.  God sent His only begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to be beaten, bruised, and killed by crucifixion on the cross of Calvary--his precious blood being spilled to cleanse those who will simply believe--to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.

4)  How can one accept this precious gift?  Who can receive this precious blessing and peace--an eternal home with God in heaven?  The Bible states:

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  (Romans 10:13)

All that you must do is simply ask the Lord into your heart.  Admit that you are a sinner, that you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he died for you to save you from Hell, and to bring peace between you and God.  Just pray to the Lord, meaning what you say with all your heart, and with all your mind, and with all your soul, and with all your strength...after this manner...

"Dear Heavenly Father, I do realize that I am a sinner, and that I do not have peace with You because of my sins.  I believe and I thank you for what Your Son Jesus Christ did for me on the cross.  Lord Jesus, I pray and humbly ask you to please come into my heart and save me.  I need you in my life, and I need your help.  Please Lord Jesus, come into my heart and save me from my sins and from Hell.  Thank you, Lord Jesus.  Amen."

5)  If you truly accept what Jesus Christ did for you, and if you have accepted Him into your heart, you are saved.  The prayer does not Save you, but ti is through Jesus Christ and God's divine grace; we must humble ourselves and be thankful for what was done for us.
Whatever you do, do not listen to the T.V. or radio preachers or anything else of that matter, but listen to what God has to say from His precious Word--the Bible.  Life will not be perfect after Salvation, but you have the assurance that you are just a pilgrim on your way to heaven in your life.  No matter what anyone says, you cannot lose your Salvation.  Jesus Himself has said:

"...and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."  (John 6:37b)

I pray that whoever of you reads this signature that, if you are not saved, you will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ today.  If you make the decision for Christ, please write me and tell me.  I would love to know your decision for Christ.