Hi, after getting updates in intrepid this evening I had the following problem.
Everything works fine unless you log out of your account. I used the CTRL
backspace and alt keys to kill gnome.
After logging back in I get no speech. If I use another account I have the same
problem. I do get the drum. But after entering the name and password all sound
is gone including the log in sound.
Restarting the computer corrected this problem, but I tried logging out and in
again and had the same problem.
I am mentioning this incase it isn't known. This was not happening after I got
updates this morning.
Mike. By the way. I have to run it from the root account. But that system
cleaner that was added is really nice.
Mike.