Hello, List!

I recently upgraded an installation of Intrepid to Jaunty, using the
"dist-upgrade" option.  Per suggestions offered on this list, I
removed all things Pulseaudio.  Having done this, I find that Espeak
is more responsive than ever.  I notice, though, that the synth will
stop speaking, as if I'd interrupted, but at seemingly random times.
Forcing Espeak to say something will bring speech back.  It's behaving
like some sort of flow control issue.  Is there, perhaps, an option I
should use when building Espeak from sources?  Is a rebuild of Orca
indicated?  Meanwhile, I'm using Festival and its default voice.  If
nothing can be done with Espeak, how do I find and integrate better
voice(s) into Festival?

Thanks!

-Dave