Hi folks

I attempted to install Ubuntu with VmWare Fusion on a Macintosh virtual machine
using Easy Install. Of course, that provides no accessibility in that it is
automatic. When the installer finishes and I log in, it's all in a command
line. I believe I managed to switch to the Gnome Desktop, though I don't recall
how I did that though I'm not sure if that is what happened at all. Now to the
problem.

I do the keystroke for Run, and assuming it was using the graphical desktop,
enter Orca. Orca does start, but it stutters terribly. It sounds like things
are happening so fast that you can't even catch a single word. I've been trying
to research this, but articles point to doing it from the Live CD and not
VMWare Fusion on a Mac for the most part, and if they do point to instructions
for Fusion it does not mention Orca. A lot of references were made to
PulseAudio, but as I have no access apparently, I don't dare touch it.

Can anyone help? I'd like to try out Ubuntu, and this is driving me crazy.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Nic

Skype: Kvalme