Hi all,

I've installed ubuntu 9.10 onto acer aspire one a150-bk netbook and am
impressed of the fact, that all hardware works out of the box. I decided
do not remove pulseaudio because of those issues it causes with another
desktop apps I've read about in this list. So i tried to patch the
espeak-generic.conf to use paplay. Now i have following results:
Espeak is noticeably more responsive;
Espeak volume is lesser than normal;
Russian text isn't spoken at all.

Last issue is the most important for me, as I am using Russian
localization of ubuntu. I am sure that espeak Russianvoice works when
standart espeak speech-dispatcher module is selected. Also I am sure
that russian voice is active with espeak-generic module, because it says
numbers in Russian when i type them. Only numbers and english letters
and text is spoken when espeak-generic is selected in orca preferences.

May be this is problem with the codepage or text encoding? If you have
any ideas about volume and more important Russian issue, please, let me
know and i will test it.

Thanks to all people who have made this excellent release of ubuntu.

All the best,
Lex