On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 03:13:03AM EST, Jacob Schmude wrote:

> Hi
> Does Lucid not have the absolute latest Firefox 3.6.2? I've been using
> it on Karmic for a week or so now and actually prefer it to 3.5 due to
> some serious speed improvements. I remember seeing that bookmarks
> weren't accessible in 3.6 either, but so far I've honestly not come
> across it. The bookmarks menu, sidebar, and organize dialogs all work
> fine for me. Note that there was a small, approx 700k, update to 3.6.2
> that seemed to resolve these problems. Perhaps Lucid isn't as updated as
> it should be?

Probably not, and likely won't be. Firefox is a complex beast, and since its
tightly integrated into the desktop, its a big process to update, so much so
that we have a dedicated firefox maintainer on the desktop team. Since we are
coming up to our second beta release, there is little to no chance that the
latest firefox 3.6 updates will get in, at least before final release. New
minor upstream releases of 3.6 may get in post release however, so keep a look
out.

Luke