Whenever I try using these dialogues, for instance, the 'save as' in gedit, I end up with an apparently frozen system. I can get to the 'run' dialogue or 'places' search box in Unity, and type commands, such as 'orca --replace'. Sometimes, I can open a terminal with 'ctrl+alt+t'. I cannot switch among open apps, either by super-key shortcuts or 'alt+tab'. In some cases, there is the error sound and the 'not responding' message regarding the metacity dialogue. This happens whether I'm using Unity or Classic Gnome, and whether using the stock Orca 3.0.0 or the daily build. I cannot be sure whether since the install was fresh; I did updates since installing, and before trying a metacity dialogue.

Best Regards,

Dave  Hunt