Hi, List,

I downloaded an image of Precise from ftp:cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/dialylive dated 25 March, and burned to a flash drive. When I booted, no drums ever played, nor did I get the usual Ubuntu music for the startup. I started orca manually, set the preferences, and tried to launch apps. I think the system was in Unity 3d. Alt+tab did not seem to work. Orca never spoke in the 'run' dialogue. When I hit alt+f1, the launcher never spoke, nor could I launch apps with super+0 through super+9. The menu, accessible with a press of alt+f10, does work, with items spoken with their proper types (menus were indicated as such, items no longer named as 'checkbox not checked'). I noticed, also, that the menu of wifi points now shows signal strength and whether the points are secured, very nice! To try fixing the desktop session for next time I use the flash drive, I opened a terminal, and edited the files: /var/log/AccountsService/users/ubuntu and /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf, changing the user session to ubuntu-2d from ubuntu. Now, I have an unusable system on this flash drive. It boots, but I don't think it logs in as anyone, or there is no ubuntu-2d desktop on this particular image.

Cheers,

Dave