Hello,
Isn't there a hope for a more universal fix to this?
I know empathy and pidgin and possibly other apps also feature read-only edit boxes.
If this solution is accepted then it has to be done for all the application.
Shouldn't there be a feature in gtk+ it-self or other library where it's more appropriate which enables AT's to read the content eventhough the caret is not visually shown on the screen?

Greetings

Peter