Hi.
To solve the problem with the keyboard short keys, remove the folder
.gconf/apps/metacity present in your home directory.
In terminal execute the following command:
rm -rf .gconf/apps/metacity

What kind of problem do you have with speakup?
I installed in my machine using the following command:
sudo apt-get install speakup espeakup

The problem in my installation is that I am logged in orca and in the
console with the same login, speakup does not work.
I need to use  different login.
On 08/12/2012 08:36 PM, Doug to Smith wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
> My name is Doug Smith and I am using ubuntu 12.04.  I find the
> accessibility quite good with it, but I have two questions for
> which I haven't been able to find out anything.
>
> 1. Why do the keyboard shortcuts come undone This seems to happen
> at random intervals.  I really hate it and I hope you can give me
> a permanent fix for it.  For example, when you set the alt-tab key
> to change between applications, and the alt-f4 key to close the
> window and cancel the session, it seems to work, and, it will work
> for one or more sessions, but then all this comes undone and I have
> to set it all up again with the system settings.
>
> 2. Why will speakup not build on ubuntu 12.04? This is strange, as
> I have had it working on other distributions.
>
> Any help, especially for the losing of the shortcuts will be
> appreciated.  This is more important than getting speakup to build,
> even though, I would like to see both fixed if possible.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Doug Smith.

- --
{}S José Vilmar Estácio de Souza