Hy,

I downloaded yesterday with Ubuntu 12.10 current daily live CD. I have got an Alva Satelite 570 braille display. Prewious Ubuntu 12.04.1 live CD wonderful detecting this braille display, launch proper with Brltty service, and possible using Orca braille support with native Brltty or Liblouis contracted braille. I surprised little after I enabled in Orca preferences dialog the braille page with braille support and click Ok button. Unfortunately, Orca native Brltty support possible not working in Ubuntu 12.10? After I click OK button, nothing changed. If I restart Orca, braille still not working. I verifyed in console working Brltty or not. I switch console with ALT+F1 key combination. If Brltty right running, I see console related messages. In Ubuntu 12.10 I see "screen not in text mode" message.
Any braille user possible confirming this?

If I using an Ubuntu 12.04.1 live CD, Brltty right starting if my USB braille display is connected.

In Ubuntu Quantal packaged following Brltty version:
4.4-5ubuntu3

Attila