Yes I know this is probably not the list for this but it is the best I have at the moment.

Over the weekend I did an update on an older dell laptop running 12.04. It has been doing fine with that os until now. After the update when I rebooted it is no longer loading the modules for the BCM4401-B0 ethernet card whic means that of course that computer no longer has access to any network.

Can anyone think of any reason this may have happened and if there is a solution to it. I have done a serch of the internet especially ubuntu and found no information.

Thanks
Tom