Gnome shell is 3.6 on Ubuntu 13.04 by default but you can add 3.8 which in my experience is very accessible and nice to work with.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

On 05/06/2013 08:39 PM, Robert Cole wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I have enjoyed using fedora over the past year or so, but I just do not have time to solve the big problems which I am having with the system. My wife and family who use my system have run into quite a number of issues, and it makes their experience pretty unpleasant.

I am thinking about moving back to Ubuntu, but I have a few questions:

1) Does the problem with the Compiz eZoom plugin on Unity 3D still exist (e.g. only the desktop area si zoomed, but the panel and dash remain unaltered)?

2) If I install GNOME Shell, will it be version 3.6 or 3.8?

I appreciate your help on this one.

Take care, everyone.