Luke Yelavich wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 05:50:08PM EST, blind Pete wrote:
>> Is your hard disk GPT or MBR?  You could try gdisk or cgdisk
>> for the former.  For the latter try fdisk or cfdisk.
>
> I would argue to still use gparted. This is due to modern disks,
> particularly advanced format drives requiring correct partition alignment
> for best performance, and I have no idea whether those tools you mentioned
> do this properly. Gdisk maybe, but GPT has been around longer than
> advanced format drives.

All of those partitioning programs, including gparted, are older than
advanced format drives, and they have all been updated since.
BTW advanced formatting (big sectors) has nothing to do with GPT
(Gnu Partition Table).

My point was that if one tool does not do what you want there is a (small)
chance that it was because of a problem with the tool, and there are other
tools to choose from.

> I say gparted, because under the hood it uses libparted, which is known to
> work properly with aligning partitions properly for newer drives. The
> Ubuntu and Debian installers also use libparted under the hood for
> partition management.
>
> Luke

Consistency is a definite plus, but we are still waiting to hear back
from the OP.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...