Ubuntu 14.04 or Sonar.
Happy hacking.
On Friday 26 September 2014 11:52 PM, Lenny wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for a version of Linux to run on my Asus 701.
It has a Celeron Mobile 900 MHZ processor and 1GB of RAM.
Ubuntu XP-Like version 10.04 runs good on it, but every time I try to
install Voxin for Orca, it seems to install, but I get the message that
speech-dispatcher is not included in this version, which comes after the
Voxin install.
I hear the IBM voice speaking during the install, and I log out and back in,
and no Voxin.
So I'm looking for another distro for this notebook.
It has a 4GB HD, so something like Lubuntu would be good.
I tried booting to that, but either Orca would not boot as usual, or it has
the latest kernel which does not like this processor.
I also cannot boot into Sonar or F123.
I want a GUI.
I was wondering about Arch, and then installing a GUI but I'm not sure how
involved that is.
I'm looking for suggestions here.
Thanks.

Glenn