It's been some time since I've used a standard mate configuration, so honestly
I do not remember whether once IIIIIII added the mate network applet to
my panel it just worked like it should have with orca, or if I had to go in to
the system menus and use the networkinterface and enter the name and PW
there.
I know if it had been very troublesome I'd have remembered more.
If you don't get it sorted out in a day or two write me back and I'll  change
the configuratin of a mate installationh I have and see what works. I've
got too much going on to look at this today and tomorrow.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 08:32:17AM -0500