Does the current minimal ubuntu CD talk? I've got a good
internet connection. The Dell PC I plan to install on has run
vinux but the installation is outdated so I would like to just
start over with a current version of ubuntu. It can read DVD's
but I am not sure whether that drive is a burner so if the
minimal install disk talks, I'll burn that image on an older
system whose drives are just regular CD burners.

        The target system is not able to boot from usb or I
certainly would have just done that and saved a lot of hassle.

        The image is the 32-bit iso called mini.iso and as of
posting time, I downloaded it around an hour ago so it is as
current as practical.

Thank you.

Martin McCormic WB5AGZ