Hi,

Why not use usb-creator-gtk?

After dowloading the .iso file and checking the md5sum I simply do the following:

1. insert the memory stick.

2. in a terminal type:

usb-creator-gtk

Note: you can press Tab after typing 'usb-c'

3. press Enter.

4. follow the steps on the screen.

Success.

Milton

Op 09-05-2020 om 11:00 schreef Daniel Crone:
When writing an image file to a usb drive, first I changed to the directory
where the file was, and then I was typing the dd command in this form.
sudo dd if=filename.iso of=/dev/sdf bs=4M conv=sync
The file name was long, so after the first few letters, I used the tab key.
But nothing happened.
Should the name have been filled in?
The name of the file was the only one in the Downloads directory.