On 9/28/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There has been some photography talk on the list lately, so I thought I
> might as well throw my to cents in here to.
>
> While good photography can provide really good backgrouns, they seldom
> cut it if they
> are used "raw" - ie. with out being reworked. Simply sticking a logo on
> a photo won't do it in most cases either (though there may be exceptions
> to this ofcourse).

I agree... most raw photos can be at least slightly enhanced with some
judicious use of adjustment layers in photoshop. For example, levels
and saturation adjustments can make a tremendous difference.

I will have some time today/tonight if you'd like to send me some
photos I can touch them up and optimize them for you. I'm not that
good at creating my own art, but I'm very good at doing touch-ups.

You can send me the photos directly in your highest resolution jpg
(least compression) or png (10 MB max) and I'll send them back to you
optimized. I'm in central time zone (GMT - 6) and will have some free
time between 9:00am and 11:00 am this morning and after 9:00 pm
tonight. I can usually optimize a photo in less than 5 minutes (major
exception being poor scans), so if you want to send me 10 - 20 I
should be able to get them done.

If you can do this yourself then I'd upload them to the art site in
jpg format with the least compression. For example, in photoshop you
can set the compression level to 12 (the highest setting) and you will
rarely see a jpg artifact, even on text.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org