Thanks for the comments everyone.
I must say that my background was not meant to be default or to please everyone. As soon as you put more than two colors, with one of them different than blue, it will lead to strongly different opinions. The safest way to please everyone is to keep the art monochrome. and even safest is blue monochrome. That's what apple did. But i personally find monochrome brown to be highly depressive. So i put bright colors, that can't please anyone. We're doomed ^^

I also agree about the small dots problem for accessibilty.
The "ubuntu" is not obvious, but the backrgound is not an ubuntu ad.

About the flat and dirty look. I'm glad you like it but a lot of people just find it "dirty" and disgusting.

So i'll do a less personal artwork that might please more people, But i can't promise any date for it.

And about unification : this is impossible to do as a community. As there is no objective way to judge art, it is not possible to find community solutions. We need a graphist dictator, or we'll be doomed to pointless flamewars and
disparate artwork.