On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 23:49 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 15:33 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > I have a preview of SandSkater ready at:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/SandSkater
> >
> > Please comment. Also read the "Issues" section and see if you have a
> > hint for me...
>
> I have updated SandSkater to version 0.3. I really need some
> feedback ...
>
>  * Screenshot: http://www.skim.dk/SandSkater/SandSkater.jpg
>  * Theme: http://www.skim.dk/SandSkater/SandSkater-0.3.tar.gz

Sorry for spamming :-D I just had to add this...

Running "metacity-theme-viewer SandSkater" and looking under the
Benchmark tab I see that the SandSkater theme renders three times faster
than the Clearlooks-metacity theme (and three times faster than Glider
too - which should be comparable to the Breezy default theme).

This together with the ultra light Mist theme engine, which the
SandSkater GTK theme is based upon, really makes a HUGE responsiveness
difference on my olde 700MHz box.

Just thought you should now. Anyways - profiling the metacity theme with
metacity-theme-viewer is a nice trick I just discovered.

Cheers
Mikkel