Brant Watson wrote:
I know perhaps there were technical limitations, but how come all splash images historically have been rectangular?  The Gimp, OpenOffice, KDE, Gnome (though the temp one in dapper has rounded edges), Azureus, etc...  It always annoyed me, but it seems that its a standard no one tries to break out of.
Good timing - I believe this is the first release where you can use GIF-style (I don't think it does full PNG-style alpha channel) transparency for the splash images. Contributions welcome. The Dapper desktop will look very similar to breezy, so the contribution most likely to be accepted is the one that looks best on the default Breezy desktop colour.

Mark