j Mak wrote:

    Hi Henrik,
    I've created this splash for the cd browser
    http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/4932/ubuntulive4qx.png
    What do you think?

Thanks that looks good. A few things:

I notice that you have a black region at the bottom where I presume progress icons would normally go (as when gnome starts up). That's not needed for the CD browser, so perhaps we could eliminate that and just stretch the rest of the design down.

I've put the original, my own quick hack and your image up here: http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/winfoss/splash-dev/ so we can consider the options. It might of course be good to base it on the new dapper gnome splash when that lands to make it more consistent.

 - Henrik

--
http://www.ubuntu.com
http://www.theopencd.org