Daniel Borgmann wrote:
The problem is, that two rounded widgets glued together look very
ugly. We avoid this everywhere else in the theme, like the comboboxes
or treeview headers. So if we do rounded scrollbar sliders, I think we
should do something different with the steppers. OS X and Vista only
draw the arrows and no buttons for the steppers, which avoids the
problem. It doesn't look great to me, but it's better than rounded
buttons IMO. An alternative might be to just use a very small radius
for the corners, which would look similar to Luna XP.

What about rounding the stepper concavely where it meets the scrollbar so that the scrollbar fits into a small cavity? You would leave it square at the top and bottom, away from the scrollbar.

 - Henrik

--
http://www.ubuntu.com
http://www.theopencd.org