So after much discussion the global opinion is something like this:

1) Some like the fancy dialog, some don't
2) Most people agree that the dialog is not completely self-explanatory
3) because of 2), the sabdfl is in favor of explanatory text (and that's the obligatory global opinion then :)) 4) We all want to offer the user information, but in an implicit/subtle way (icons, ordering, short texts) as much as possible (instead of long texts)

http://librarian.launchpad.net/1632715/logout4x.png could also use an explanatory text, but the end/pause-session division gives us info that the icons *don't* (namely, does this log you out or not) In the current division (keeprunning/powerdown), the info given is redundant (because the powerdown-options have a power-icon, *and* are at the bottom)

(SOCIAL NOTE: I restate this, and restate this, maybe to your annoyment. Please let me know. I received only a few comments, of which most were positive, but further it was mostly ignored. I restate this because I feel *lots* of criticism on the current dialog are taken away to some extent by this division and the text-headers. If you think this idea sucks, *let me know* !)