It's a *GREAT* proposal, this iconset! Orange for the ones who love orange, but not as agressive as in the current theme. Nice, Étienne.

Julian Oliver wrote:
I'd miss those little orange folder property indicators however - eg for home,
ssh, ftp etc - as the orange chosen ties in well with the Ubuntu logo itself and
sit's above the folder icon itself enough to be immediately noticed.

The point is, those labels don't have to go. I would just propose to make them grey or another non-orange color. This way it's both more relaxed for the eye, *AND* it's more noticable because it contrasts with the icon itself.

(This also applies to the orange home-icon, I personally find it very unpleasant to see. Just make the home-circle a nicer, non-orange color).

See the icons for .ogg, .wav, etc., they are greay (although .deb is purple, etc... there are different colors)

I don't know if the iconset can be adapted (time, volunteers), but it would be definately great.