Andreas Nilsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Frank Schoep wrote:
> Color mismatch in dialogs using default Human theme:
> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/39264
>
> Inconsistent (unthemed) icons in toolbar:
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/42265
>
> Toolbar display should be "Icons and text" for consistency:
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/42263
>
> Download progress bar misaligned on (de)select using default Human theme:
> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/39269
>
> I wouldn't be so nitpicky if Firefox wasn't a major application having a
> quick-launch icon by default. I think a large portion of the userbase is
> bound to see and use Firefox on a regular basis, so I'm going over it with a
> comb to find any issues with it. The Epiphany browser does not have any of
> the issues described above.
>
> Why am I telling you this? Because I want to work on a solution, possibly
> starting with the first bug first. The bugs I listed are cosmetic, so I
> guessed ubuntu-art would be a good place to start.

Hi Frank!
The firefox theme called Tango Icons [1] is quite a nice theme to work
upon. Nico Kaiser and Garrett LeSage made a really nice looking theme
that goes very well together with Tangerine and Human. Replacing stuff
like the arrows, folders and other stuff with the ones from Tangerine
will be a easy job.
Also, there seems to exist a patch to make firefox pick up the icons
from the normal icon theme [2]
- Andreas

1. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1565/
2.
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/firefox/firefox-RC1-stock-icons-fe.patch?rev=1.1&view=auto
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/firefox/firefox-RC1-stock-icons-gnomestripe.patch?rev=1.1&view=auto
Ubuntu used to use the patch. Most were upset when it was removed. I think it was a stability issue. If that is still the case the only alternative is to have ubuntu's firefox use a ubuntu theme as default and leave the firefox default as an alternative and while were add it, throw in the Tango firefox theme as well. It's all about choice and flexability!