Hi all. I've always thought that the top bar of the default theme for Dapper looked a bit bright. I decided to throw the background color (the average of the gradient is #d5924c) into the Color Contrast Analyser and it came up with this:

"The difference in brightness between the two colours is not sufficient. The threshold is 125, and the result of the foreground and background colours is 96."

I kind of agree that the difference is just a little too small. I'm not sure if this theme is still in a state of development, but I'd like to recommend a small change to the top header to try and make the title of a window more legible: http://omega.avalanchestudios.net/personal/dropbox/usplash/_ubuntu_contrastchange.png (a screenshot from the Flight 7 wiki page with the top header of the window at -23% brightness +19% contrast; the average color of the orange part of the top header is now #c2701a).

Looking at it, it's actually a pretty big change. But really, I think that at least it looks more readable this way. Maybe we could discuss making a change into this direction.

Regards, Michiel